INGREDIENTS (measurements in English and Swedish):
- 2 tbsp/msk olive oil
- 2 lbs/1 kg pork loin (the cheaper and fatter the cut, the better, actually. think BBQ)
- 1/2 c/1 dl teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 c/0,5 dl brown sugar (farinsocker)
- 1 c/2,5 dl chicken broth (kycklingbuljong)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 fresh red chile peppers, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- pinch/nypa black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides, which, depending on the cut of meat you use, should take 5-10 mins. Meanwhile, mix together teriyaki sauce, chicken broth, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
2. If you're a) using a large cast iron pot (like a LeCrueset), you can brown the pork and then add in the teriyaki mix, chiles, onion, and pepper at this point. Otherwise, b) transfer all ingredients to your slow-cooker.
3. a) Put the pot in the oven at 165 C/325 F, and let bake a few hours; turn 2-3 times to ensure even doneness. When the pork falls into pieces, it's done :). b) Cook on High in the slow-cooker for about 4 hours.
Sadly, I don't have a picture of this culinary delight to share, but if you just imagine the best BBQ you've ever had and how it looked, this is better :P.